As the year comes to a close, and we move toward further widespread implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2016, we want to keep our friends and clients up-to-date on the latest ACA developments by summarizing recent legal news and regulatory guidance relevant to employee benefit plans.
This Compliance Update covers the following topics:
- PCORI Fee Increase (IRS Notice 2015-60)
- Adjustment to Household Income for purposes of determining “affordable” employer-sponsored coverage ( Proc. 2014-62)
- Repeal of the ACA’s automatic enrollment provision (Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015)
- Guidance on the ACA’s preventive care requirements, wellness programs, and mental health parity (Department of Labor FAQ XXIX)
- Proposed Rule regarding incentives in wellness programs for employees’ spouses to provide health information
If you’d like to learn more about this topic, please contact us at https://gcgfinancial.com/contact/.
This article is provided by GCG Financial, LLC. It is to be used for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of an insurance professional. Visit us at https://gcgfinancial.com. © 2011-2014 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is for general informational purposes only. While we have attempted to provide current, accurate and clearly expressed information, this information is provided “as is” and GCG makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. The information provided should not be construed as legal or tax advice or as a recommendation of any kind. Users should seek professional advice from their own attorneys and tax and benefit plan advisors with respect to their individual circumstances and needs.